Dr. Simon Platt – Neurology
About Simon Platt DVM, BVM&S, MRCVS, DACVIM (Neurology), DECVN
Dr. Simon Platt received his veterinary degree from the University of Edinburgh, Scotland, in 1992, following which he undertook an internship in Small Animal Medicine and Surgery at the Ontario Veterinary College, University of Guelph and a 2 year period in private practice in the England. Dr. Platt completed a residency in neurology and neurosurgery in 1998 at the University of Florida and afterward 2 years as an assistant professor of Neurology at the University of Georgia. In 2000, Dr. Platt returned to the UK where he was Head of the Neurology/Neurosurgery service at the Animal Health Trust until 2006, from which time he has been at the Dept. of Small Animal Medicine and Surgery at the University of Georgia where is currently a Professor. Dr. Platt received the AAVC National resident of the year award in 1998, the BSAVA Blaine award for outstanding contributions to small animal medicine and surgery in 2005, the UGA Clinical Research Award in 2010 and the David Tyler Award for Innovative Teaching in 2012. Dr. Platt has authored or co-authored over 180 journal articles and 50 book chapters and is the co-editor of the BSAVA Manual of Canine and Feline Neurology and the Manual of Small Animal Neurological Emergencies. Dr. Platt is Past-President of the ACVIM Neurology Specialty and Founder member of the South Eastern Veterinary Neurology (SEVEN) group in the USA. Currently, Simon serves as Editor in Chief of the NAVC journal Today’s Veterinary Practice.
1. Neurological Exam and Lesion Localization in the Cat
2. Head Tilts in Dogs and Cats
3. Circling and Confusion Case Challenges in Dogs
4. Circling and Confusion Case Challenges in Cats
5. Seizures in Cats
6. Seizure Case Challenges in Dogs
7. Disc Disease - Diagnosis and Management
8. How to Evaluate the Neurologic Patient and Lesion Localization
9. Vestibular Dysfunction in Dogs and cats
10. Inflammatory Diseases of the Brain
11. Seizures pt 1 - Investigation
12. Seizures pt 2 – Management
13. Status Epilepticus and Cluster Seizures
14. How to Evaluate a Neurological Cat - a video and case based approach.
15. Cats with Head Tilts - Stop the Dizziness!
16. Cats with Seizures - What Should We Be Thinking About?
17. The Paralyzed Cat - How to Evaluate, Diagnose and Treat
18. Working Up the Weakness - Neuromuscular Diseases in Dogs and Cats Made Simple
19. Head Trauma - a Logical Approach to Effective Treatment