Dr. Tsumugi Anne Kurosawa- Cardiology
About Dr. Anne Kurosawa DVM MVetMed MRCVS DipACVIM (Cardiology)
I am originally from New York City where I was born and raised. I attended Purdue University for both my undergrad and veterinary schools and really enjoyed my time living in the midwest. I adopted my dog Nola (who I got from New Orleans, hence her name) during my second year of vet school who has travelled with me all over the world. We lived in Baton Rouge, LA during my internship at LSU then in East Lansing, MI during my research fellowship at MSU and finally all the way across the pond in London for my cardiology residency. My current job as a cardiologist is very exciting and unique because we are one of only 2 places in the world that perform open heart surgery. We also have veterinary student teaching/mentorship responsibilities as well as clinical research which are great perks of the job.
1. Puppy murmurs: How can we better differentiate pathologic from non pathologic murmurs. Brief review and updates on common congenital cardiac diseases
2. Approach to heart murmurs in cats
3. Approach to the dyspneic cat
4. Aortic thromboembolism in cats
5. Approach to the dyspneic dog part I (mitral valve disease).
6. Approach to the dyspneic dog part II (cardiomyopathy)
7. Approach to the syncopal animal
8. ECG review
Bonus: (if time permits and if any one is interested) Heart surgery: What is new in the world of open heart surgery
This will be a short presentation for anyone that is interested as it is new and exciting treatment that I am involved in. It would be an extra bonus at the end of the CE event.