Dr. Steve Mehler – Surgery
About Steve Mehler, DVM, DACVS
Dr. Steve Mehler has been certified in surgery by the American College of Veterinary Surgeons since 2007. His special interests include minimally invasive surgery, interventional radiology, and surgical diseases of the extrahepatic biliary tract in dogs and cats.
Dr. Mehler graduated with honors from the Michigan State University College of Veterinary Medicine in 2002. He completed an internship in small animal medicine and surgery, as well as a residency in small animal surgery, at the University of Pennsylvania School of Veterinary Medicine in 2006. He was member of the faculty of Michigan State University from 2006 to 2009, dividing his time between soft tissue surgery and interventional radiology. Dr. Mehler received a BS from Michigan State University in 1998.
His work has been published in many textbooks on surgical diseases of cats and dogs as well as of exotic species. He lives in Chester County and enjoys spending time with his children, ice hockey, motorcycles, and running.
1. The abdominal exploratory
2. Advances in open wound management
3. Penetrating wounds: what lies beneath
4. Wound closure techniques
5. The use and abuse of wound drains
6. Thoracic trauma: Etiology of thoracic trauma, including the Mehler algorithm
7. Extrahepatic biliary tract surgery
8. The twisted truth about Gastric Dilation and Volvulus