Dr. Olivia Petritiz- Exotic Animal Medicine
About Olivia Petritz, DVM, Diplomate ACZM
Olivia Petritz completed her undergraduate and veterinary degree at Purdue University in Indiana. Following graduation, she completed a small animal rotating internship at a specialty hospital in San Diego, CA followed by an exotic animal internship at Gulf Coast Avian and Exotics in Houston, TX.
Dr. Petritz returned to California to complete an ACZM residency at the University of California, Davis in companion exotics and zoo medicine, and achieved board certification in November of 2013. She then founded an exotics service at a specialty hospital in Los Angeles and worked there for three years prior to starting as an assistant professor at NC State in 2017. She shares her home with her husband, two children, two dogs, a cat, a guinea pig, and the noisiest one of everyone, a cockatiel.
All new talks for 2021!
1. Backyard poultry
2. Euthanasia of Exotic pets
3. Sedation and manual restraint of exotic pets (with case examples)
4. Reptile radiology
5. Clinically relevant avian and reptilian anatomy
6. Therapeutic contraindications in exotic pets
7. Rabbit and rodent dentistry
8. Exotic animal Jeopardy
9. Nutrition of zoological companion animals
10. Dermatology of zoological companion animals