Dr. Ashley Bourgeois- Dermatology
About Ashley Bourgeois, DVM, Dip ACVD
Dr. Ashley Bourgeois is a board-certified veterinary dermatologist passionate about providing practical knowledge to general practitioners to help itchy pets! She completed her bachelor’s degree at Iowa State University and graduated from the University of Missouri’s College of Veterinary Medicine in 2010. She then completed a one-year small animal internship at Purdue University. Upon finishing her internship, she accepted a residency position with the Animal Dermatology Clinic’s Tustin, California location in 2011. She became a Diplomate of the American College of Veterinary Dermatology in 2014. Dr. Bourgeois moved to Portland, Oregon in 2016 to help expand the company. She is an owner within the company and on the board of directors. She has a strong interest in autoimmune skin diseases, allergies, cytology, and otology.
In her leisure, Dr. Bourgeois enjoys outdoor activities, traveling, and watching sports. She and her husband stay busy with their daughter, son, and rescue Lab/Boxer/Pit mix. Dr. Bourgeois is passionate about educating veterinarians in dermatology and work/life integration through her podcast, lecturing, and social media presence (The Derm Vet).
1. What am I missing in the itchy dog?
2. How to approach the itchy cat
3. Diagnosing otitis for better results
4. Topical treatment for otitis external
5. Beyond the drops: systemic treatment for otitis
6. Don't fear the smear (basics of cytology)
7. Be a Derm Detective! Case-based approach
8. Diseases of the nasal planum and paw pads