Dr. Holly Brown – Clinical Pathology
About Holly Brown, DVM, PhD, DACVP
Dr. Holly Brown received her DVM from the University of Georgia and worked in small animal private practice in Colorado and North Carolina. She returned to UGA for a residency in clinical pathology and additionally obtained her doctorate degree in pathology, studying Cytauxzoon felis infection in domestic and wild cats. After completion of her residency and PhD, Dr. Brown remained on as a faculty member at UGA where she served as a diagnostic clinical pathologist, instructor, and collaborative researcher. Dr. Brown then joined Metzger Animal Hospital’s large general and referral practice in State College, PA as an on-staff clinical pathologist. There she sees a wide variety of diagnostic submissions and enjoys playing an important role at the interface of diagnostic testing and patient care. Dr. Brown fulfills her passion for teaching providing mentorship opportunities and continuing education lectures and wetlabs.
Myrtle Beach Talks
Day 1 (2 hours)
· Don’t toss that fluid: In-clinic effusion analysis (Part I)
· Don’t toss that fluid: In-clinic effusion analysis (Part II)
Day 2 (3 hours)
· Diagnostics for the anemic patient: When it’s not IMHA
· Interpreting thrombocytopenias and coagulopathies
· Urinalysis: Why pan for gold?
Day 3 (2.5 hours)
· Tying it all together: Maximizing laboratory diagnostics (Part I)
· Tying it all together: Maximizing laboratory diagnostics (Part II)