Dr. Don Harris – Avian and Exotics
About Don Harris, DVM
Dr. Don Harris is a practitioner who works exclusively avian and exotics. He graduated from Louisiana State University in 1980 and is the owner and founder of Avian & Exotic Animal Medical Center in Miami, FL. He was the president of the International Association of Avian Veterinarians from 1991-92, and was the president of the South Florida VMA from 1993-94. From 2008 to 2009 he was the president, North American Veterinary Conference.
Dr. Harris is a frequent contributor to various veterinary publications and frequent speaker at both local and international conferences. His most important honor to date is being the father of Meredith and Adam.
1. Prerequisites: Essential Elements for an Avian Practice
2. Fundamental Techniques for both Amateur and Advanced Practitioners
3. Core Diagnostics I: Laboratory Testing
4. Core Diagnostics II: Interpreting Lab Results
5. Update on Viral Diseases of Psittacines Species
6. Neonatology: Domestic Breeding of Parrots
7. Backyard Poultry: The Fastest Growing "Pet" Population
8. Case Expansion: Case Studies of Common Presentations