Dr. Lysa Pam Posner – Anesthesia
About Lysa Pam Posner DVM, DACVAA
Dr Posner has a BS in biochemistry from Purdue University. She completed her DVM at Cornell University and spent 9 years in private veterinary practice. She returned to Cornell to complete a Residency in Anesthesiology and completed her board certification with the American College of Veterinary Anesthesia and Analgesia. She was on Faculty at Cornell for 5 years and has been on Faculty at North Carolina State University since 2005. She is currently a Professor of Anesthesiology, the Director of Anesthesia Services, and Anesthesiology Residency Program Director.
1. The pain pathway: the anatomy and physiology of the pain pathway and how to treat pain.
2. Analgesics in veterinary: new agents or novel uses for established ones
3. Chronic pain in veterinary medicine
4. Local blocks
5. Anesthesia agents: what’s new?
6. Why bother with anesthesia monitoring?
7. Anesthesia for critical patients
8. Fluid therapy and anesthesia