Dr. Heidi Hoefer – Avian and Exotic Medicine
About Dr. Heidi Hoefer ABVP
Dr. Heidi Hoefer is a 1987 graduate of Ross University School of Veterinary Medicine and has been practicing avian and exotic medicine exclusively since 1988. Following a small animal internship at the Animal Medical Center in New York, Dr. Hoefer completed a residency in avian and exotic pet medicine and surgery in 1990 and remained as a staff member in the department for 7 years. Dr. Hoefer became board certified in avian practice through the ABVP in 1993, part of the first group achieving avian certification.
After 10 years at the AMC, Dr. Hoefer moved to private practice where she is the owner of Island Exotic Veterinary Care, Long Island’s first all-exotic animal clinic. She is an adjunct professor of Special Species at Ross University School of Veterinary Medicine and has had a long career lecturing to both students and veterinarians locally, nationally and internationally.
1. Rabbit Stasis and Acute abdomen
2. Rabbit dentistry
3. Rodent dentistry
4. Urolithiasis ECM (Rabbit, Ferret, Guinea pig) - 75 minutes
5. Spay and Neuter tips and tricks (ECM)
6. Common Problems Backyard Chickens
7. The Exotic Pharmacy: Must haves (newer drugs with doses)
8. Urolithiasis in Small Mammals
9. Small Mammal neutering techniques
10. Common GI problems of Ferrets
11. Dietary Disorders in Rabbits
12. Dental Disease in Exotic Companion Mammals
13. Emergency! What do I do!
14. Sex and the Single BIrd: Reproduction Gone Awry!
15. Clinical Avian Anatomy for the Small Animal Practitioner