Online Conference Emergency Critical Care October 2024
October 17 - 19, 2024
This is an on-line CE conference, that is RACE approved as live interactive, featuring Dr. Lisa Powell and Dr. Christina Whitley We offer this CE using the NEW VetVacationCE APP. You can earn up to 15 hours of CE with your participation in our Vet Vacation conference. Conference classes will be held following the same schedule as the live event in NASHVILLE!
Early Bird: All three days $429 and One day $189. 5 CE hours per day before September 26th then pricing will increase to $499 and $219.
Individual CE certificates will be available through the APP at the end of the meeting.
$189.00 – $429.00
Online Veterinary Conference: Earn 15 Hours of Virtual Live Interactive Continuing Education!! Dr. Lisa Powell and Dr. Christina Whitley are experts in the field of Emergency Critical Care ! Topics and biographies are below.
The virtual video and audio webinar platform allows for the following:
- The speaker’s slide presentation will be on your device screen.
- You will hear the speaker audio.
- You will be able to raise your hand to ask questions and get rapid response answers.
- We will make this as interactive as possible.
- We will send you a link to access the conference.
- A digital CE certificate of completion will be available by scanning the QR code at the conclusion of each day with Beth VetVacationCE APP.
Prior to the conference, we will email you the notes and links to the event.
VetVacationCE registration for this Live Interactive Veterinary Conference is $429 for the 3 day conference or $189 per day. Each day is 5 hours of CE until September 26th then rates will increase to $499 and $219.
You can view our other Online Veterinary Conferences here
See what other participants have to say about our in person and online courses here
Benefits to Online Live Interactive Veterinary Conferences are:
- Ability to select from a variety of topics led by world renowned specialists
- Learn from a safe comfortable environment of your choice
- Access the best educators in the world
- Lower fees
- Replays available upon request
- Increase your skill level
- Stay up to date on new treatments and standards of care within the profession
- No need to travel – lower your carbon footprint
Whether you decide to learn with us in person or online, we guarantee an enjoyable learning experience with VetVacationCE.
October 17 – 19 (3 days) $429, October 17 only $189, October 18 only $189, October 19 only $189
Emergency Critical Care
Lisa Powell DVM, ACVECC
Dr. Lisa Powell graduated veterinary school from Texas A&M in 1995, completed a small animal rotating internship at the AMC in NYC in 1996, and then went on to a residency in small animal emergency and critical care at Tufts University, finishing in 1999. She became board certified in Veterinary Emergency and Critical Care in 2000. Following residency, Dr. Powell joined the faculty at the University of Minnesota where she worked as a clinical professor for 15 years. She is an author of more than 30 veterinary journal articles, book chapters, and authored a book entitled “Small Animal Emergency and Critical Care: Case Studies in Client Communication, Morbidity and Mortality”. Dr. Powell is a national and international speaker on all things emergency and critical care! She is currently a Manager of Telehealth and ER development and an associate critical care clinician at BluePearl Veterinary Partners. Her clinical interests include cardiopulmonary disease, high flow oxygen therapy, mechanical ventilation, and innovative clinical teaching methods.
1. The IPASS Method - ER rounds, communication, and patient safety
2. Feline Shock
3. Transfusion Medicine
4. Carbon Monoxide Toxicity - Case presentations
5. Emergency Case Presentations
6. Arrhythmias in the ICU
7. Triage and Treatment of the Trauma Patient
8. Pulmonary Edema - Pathophysiology and Treatment
9. Common Emergencies
10. Hematologic Emergencies
Emergency Critical Care
Christina Whitley, DVM DACVECC
Dr. Christina Whitley completed her undergraduate degree at NC State University and attended veterinary school there as well. She then completed a rotating internship at BluePearl Veterinary Specialists in Atlanta, GA and moved to Wisconsin where she worked as an emergency doctor at Lakeshore Veterinary Specialists. She then moved back to Atlanta to complete a residency in Emergency and Critical Care with BluePearl Veterinary Specialists. She now resides in Wilmington, NC where she enjoys the ocean life with her family. When Dr. Whitley is off duty, she enjoys being outdoors, traveling, and attending concerts.
1. Respiratory Emergency Medley
2. Top Ten Toxicities and Their Diagnosis and Management
3. Staying Alive - RECOVER Guidelines and Updates
4. Heat Stroke
6. Thromboembolic Disease
7. Emergency Management of Arrhythmias and Causes