Dr. Heidi Barnes Heller – Neurology
About Heidi Barnes Heller, DVM, Dipl. ACVIM
Dr. Barnes Heller obtained her veterinary degree from Michigan State University in 2000. Following graduation she completed a rotating internship at the University of Illinois and a residency in neurology/neurosurgery at the University of Florida. Dr. Barnes Heller obtained board certification from the American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine in 2005. She was the staff neurologist in a private referral hospital outside Chicago Illinois until December 2010, after which point she joined the University of Wisconsin-Madison School of Veterinary Medicine in neurology and neurosurgery. Dr. Barnes Heller’s main area of research is seizure detection and management. She has pioneered the development of novel anti-convulsant drug administration for cats and small dogs including transdermal applications. Other areas of interest include inflammatory brain disease and neurosurgery.
1. The neurologic examination and neuroanatomic lesion localization (this really could be two talks, or even 90 minutes if possible) 2hr
2. Walk the line: the many uses of gait analysis
3. Managing a pain in the neck: Acute onset cervical pain
4. Traumatic brain injury
5. Vestibular disease in dogs and cats
6. Chronic canine seizure management
7. What's new in feline seizure management?