Dr. Robert Novo – Surgery
About Dr. Robert Novo ACVS Surgery
Dr. Novo received his DVM from the University of Florida, completed a Small Animal Medicine and Surgery internship at the University of Minnesota, followed by a Small Animal Surgery internship at the Affiliated Veterinary Specialists in Orlando, Florida. He returned to the UofM for a residency in Small Animal Surgery, and received Diplomate status at the American College of Veterinary Surgeons in 2001. Dr. Novo remained at the UofM as an Associate Clinical Professor and became the Head of the Small Animal Surgery Department. In 2010 he left Minnesota and moved to the west coast. He joined Columbia River Veterinary Specialists in Vancouver, Washington, a busy emergency and specialty hospital. Dr. Novo has authored publications in veterinary journals and chapters in the Current Veterinary Therapy XIV and XV. He continues to serve as a reviewer for the Veterinary Surgery journal.
1. Medical and Surgical Management of Urinary Incontinence
2. Laryngeal Paralysis: Is this the first sign of a greater neuromuscular disease?
3. Ovariectomy vs. Ovariohysterectomy: Should the uterus stay or should it go?
4. An Algorithm for Management of Traumatic Wounds
5. If I tell you … I’ll have to kill you: Tricks, tips, and ideas for common reproductive procedures.
6. TPLO, TTA, Extracapsular Suture and Tightrope … Oh My!
7. Incorporating Behavior into Patient Care: Joint Perspectives From a Surgeon and a Behaviorist, Part I&II