Tulum, Mexico 2020
August 13 - 15, 2020
Neurology – Dr. Simon Platt
Emergency Critical Care - Dr. Lisa Powell
Dreams Tulum is an all-inclusive resort. The per person rate includes food, alcoholic beverages and many activities.
Guests staying at Dreams Tulum will enjoy:
- Special Welcome Cocktail and cool towel
- Concierge Services and 24-Hour Front Desk
- Powdery white-sand beach
- Full breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks each day
- 6 a la carte dining options
- 1 buffet restaurants
- 1 grill
- 7 bars
- Unlimited Natural fruit juices and soft drinks
- Unlimited premium and domestic alcoholic beverages (Including: Absolute, Smirnoff, Corona Light, Pacific, Modelo, Budweiser & Bud light)
- Complimentary 24-hour room service
- Pool and beach waiter service
- Swim-up Pool Bar
- Non-motorized water sports (sail, windsurf, sea kayak, snorkel)
- Daily activities
- Tennis clinics
- Riviera Maya Golf Club
- Coco Café – Hacienda Style
- Fully equipped Fitness center with state-of-the-art equipment
- Wedding Canopy & Chapel at property
- All local taxes and gratuities
In Room Amenities:
- 4-poster King or 2 Queen size beds
- Private and furnished terrace or patio
- Ceiling Fan
- Bathrobes & slippers
- 42” Satellite television
- Jacuzzi for 2 in every room (From Deluxe Jr. Suite Garden view or higher categories)
- Air-conditioning with in-room climate control
- Sound system with in-house music channels
- CD/DVD player
- Direct dial telephone
- High speed internet data port
- Alarm clock
- Electronic in-room safe (lap-top size)
- Coffee/tea maker
- Stocked mini bar refreshed daily with beer, juices, soft drinks and bottled water
- Secret box for room service (From Premium Jr. Suite Garden view or higher categories)
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Ironing Board
Accommodations are limited at this special rate. Please book and register early!
Vet Vacation has contracted special arrangements for you to extend your stay for any dates between August 9 to August 20, 2020 at the same rate if rooms are available at the property. Call early to secure your choice of rooms.
Dreams Tulum is a luxury tropical paradise escape in the Riviera Maya beach region in Mexico. The town of Tulum, the ancient Mayan ruins and the Xel-Ha natural aquapark are great nearby attractions for the entire family. Tulum Dreams is a AAA Four Diamond Resort.
Dreams Tulum Resort & Spa
Referring Code/Group Name: VetVacations
Room Rate: Starting at $280 single occupancy+taxes or $175 per person double occupancy all-inclusive, $66 extra for children
Fly into Cancun International Airport (CUN). Most US and Canadian airlines serve Cancun. Dreams Tulum is located about 90 minutes from Cancun. Book a pre-arranged shuttle or rent a car.
Arrangements have been made so you can extend your vacation 3 days before and/or after your destination seminar at the same rate if rooms are available at the property. Call early to secure your choice of rooms.
CANCUN INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT
Get on Carr. Tulum - Cancún/México 307 from Carr. a Aeropuerto Cancún
4 min (3.0 km)
Follow México 307 to Chacalal
1 h 18 min (107 km)
*Restricted usage road
Destination will be on the right
52 s (15 m)
Simon Platt DVM, ACVIM Neurology
Dr. Simon Platt received his veterinary degree from the University of Edinburgh, Scotland, in 1992, following which he undertook an internship in Small Animal Medicine and Surgery at the Ontario Veterinary College, University of Guelph and a 2 year period in private practice in the England. Dr. Platt completed a residency in neurology and neurosurgery in 1998 at the University of Florida and afterward 2 years as an assistant professor of Neurology at the University of Georgia. In 2000, Dr. Platt returned to the UK where he was Head of the Neurology/Neurosurgery service at the Animal Health Trust until 2006, from which time he has been at the Dept. of Small Animal Medicine and Surgery at the University of Georgia where is currently a Professor. Dr. Platt received the AAVC National resident of the year award in 1998, the BSAVA Blaine award for outstanding contributions to small animal medicine and surgery in 2005, the UGA Clinical Research Award in 2010 and the David Tyler Award for Innovative Teaching in 2012. Dr. Platt has authored or co-authored over 180 journal articles and 50 book chapters and is the co-editor of the BSAVA Manual of Canine and Feline Neurology and the Manual of Small Animal Neurological Emergencies. Dr. Platt is Past-President of the ACVIM Neurology Specialty and Founder member of the South Eastern Veterinary Neurology (SEVEN) group in the USA. Currently, Simon serves as Editor in Chief of the NAVC journal Today’s Veterinary Practice.
1. How to evaluate a neurological cat - a video and case based approach.
2. Cats with head tilts - stop the dizziness!
3. Cats with seizures - what should we be thinking about?
4. The paralyzed cat - how to evaluate, diagnose and treat
5. Working up the weakness - neuromuscular diseases in dogs and cats made simple
6. Head trauma - a logical approach to effective treatment
Emergency Critical Care
Lisa Powell DVM, ACVECC
Lisa Powell graduated veterinary school from Texas A&M in 1995, completed a small animal rotating internship at the AMC in NYC in 1996, and then went on to a residency in small animal emergency and critical care at Tufts University, finishing in 1999. Dr. Powell then joined the faculty at the University of Minnesota where she worked as a clinical professor for 15 years. She is an author of more than 30 veterinary publications, and authored a book entitled “Small Animal Emergency and Critical Care: Case Studies in Client Communication, Morbidity and Mortality”. She is currently an associate critical care clinician at BluePearl Veterinary Partners in Eden Prairie, Minnesota. Her clinical interests include mechanical ventilation, respiratory disease, colloid and fluid therapy, and sepsis.
1. Nutrition in the Critically Ill
3. Morbidity and Mortality Rounds
4. Surgical vs. Non-surgical treatment of Pyothorax
5. Septic Abdomen
6 Traumatic Injuries
7. Crystalloid and Colloid Therapy
8. The Critical Anesthetic Patient
9. Arrhythmias in the ICU