Online Conference Cannabinoid Medicine and Anesthesia/Pain Management September 2023
September 20 - 22, 2023
Cannabinoid Medicine – Mr. Stephen Cital
Anesthesia and Pain Management – Dr. Carolyn McKune
This is an on-line CE conference, that is RACE approved as live interactive, featuring Mr. STEPHEN CITAL and Dr. CAROLYN MCKUNE We offer this CE using the ultimate social distancing platform: ZOOM. You can earn up to 15 hours of CE with your participation in our Vet Vacation conference. Conference classes will be held following the same schedule we planned as if you were in MONTREAL with us together (Eastern Time)!
Early Bird: One day $189. All three days $429. 5 CE hours per day before August 30th then pricing will increase to $499 and $219.
Individual CE certificates will be emailed to each participant at the conclusion of the meeting.
September 20, 2023
September 21, 2023
September 22, 2023
$189.00 – $429.00
Online Veterinary Conference 2023: Social Distance While you Stay at Home and Earn 15 Hours of Continuing Education!!Mr. Stephen Cital and Dr. Carolyn McKune are experts in the field of Cannabinoid Medicine and Anesthesia/Pain Management! See their topics and biographies below.
The ZOOM remote video and audio webinar platform will allow for the following:
- The speaker’s slide presentation will be on your device screen.
- You will hear the speaker audio.
- You will be able to raise your hand to ask questions and get rapid response answers
- We will make this as interactive as possible.
- We will send you a link to access the conference.
- Based on your continued log in for the meeting, we will send a digital CE certificate of completion.
Prior to the conference, we will email you the notes and links to the event. Zoom will be the platform.
Registration is $429 for the 3 day conference or $189 per day. Each day is 5 hours of CE until August 30th then rates will increase to $499 and $219
VetVacationCE registration for this Online Veterinary Conference 2023 is $429 for the 3 day conference or $189 per day. Each day is 5 hours of CE until August 30th then rates will increase to $499 and $219
You can view our other Online Veterinary Conferences for 2023 and 2024 conferences here.
See what other participants have to say about our in person and online courses here
Benefits to Online Veterinary Conferences 2023 are:
- Ability to select from a variety of topics led by world renowned specialists
- Learn from a safe comfortable environment of your choice
- Access to the best educators in the world
- Lower fees
- Replays available upon request – so that you can review any material
- Increase your skill level
- Stay up to date on new treatments and standards of care within the profession
- No need to travel – lower your carbon footprint
Whether you decide to learn with us in person or online you are guaranteed to have an enjoyable learning experience with VetVacationCE.
September 20-22 (3 days) $429, September 20 only $189, September 21 only $189, September 22 only $189
Stephen Niño Cital RVT, RLAT, SRA, CVPP, VTS- LAM (Res. Anesthesia)
Stephen is a multiple credentialed veterinary technician specialist with a focus on anesthesia, analgesia and cannabinoid medicine. He is a laboratory manager at Stanford University School of Medicine in the department of Neurobiology and is currently building a neurobiology and pain management clinic with a colleague in San Francisco, CA. Stephen serves on multiple boards/committees, is a key opinion leader for pharmaceutical/device companies, COO for the Veterinary Anesthesia Nerds, and Veterinary Cannabinoid Academy. He believes strongly in promoting diversity and veterinary technician elevation within the industry.
1. The Endocannabinoid System: Ancient History in Modern Times
2. Introduction to the Endocannabinoidome in Medicine and Cannabinoid Pharmacology
3. Current Literature Review of Cannabinoids in Veterinary Species
4. Cannabinoids in the Clinic: Practical approaches
5. Getting over CBD: A Look into the Other Useful Molecules of the Hemp Plant
6. Saturated CBD Markets: Choosing the Right Product
7. Hemp Dosing and Legal Basics for Veterinarians
8. Practical Implementation of Hemp Products in Practice
Anesthesia and Pain Management
Carolyn McKune DVM, DACVAA
Dr. Carlyn McKune, a Spartan, received her Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) from Michigan State University’s College of Veterinary Medicine. After a year of private practice, Carolyn followed her husband to Washington State University to instruct students on common soft tissue procedures. The need for structured perioperative patient advocacy incited Carolyn to learn more; she went on to complete an internship at Washington State University and a residency in Anesthesia and Critical Patient Care at UC Davis. In 2009, she became a boarded Diplomate of the American College of Anesthesia and Analgesia (www.acvaa.org).
After spending nearly three years as anesthesia faculty at the University of Florida, Carolyn owned her own independent veterinary anesthesia consultancy, Mythos Veterinary LLC. That experience provided her the opportunity to work at universities and veterinary centers all over the globe. While she took a brief hiatus of six years to serve as Chief Anesthesiologist and Medical Director for BluePearl of Gainesville (formerly Affiliated Veterinary Specialists), she has returned to the anesthesia consulting life! As life is often so clever at, Carolyn also found the time had come to give back to the community she so loves, as well. She is pleased now to volunteer with a 501c3 Charity, St. Francis Pet Care Clinic (www.stfrancispetcare.org) as well as serve as the proud owner of Mythos Veterinary (wwwmythosvet.com)—veterinary anesthesia that keeps climbing!
1. Morbidity and Mortality in Small Animal Anesthesia
2. Tiered Pain Management
3. Endocrinopathies and Anesthesia
4. Cardiovascular Disease and Anesthesia
5. Anesthesia Monitoring
6. Case Series: Sedation or Anesthesia?
7. Anesthesia tips and tricks Shared talk with McKune/Cital