Online Conference: Nephrology and Endocrinology
November 3 - 5, 2020
Internal Medicine and Nephrology – Dr. Mark Acierno
Endocrinology - Dr. Patty Lathan
This is an on-line CE conference featuring DR. MARK ACIERNO and DR. PATTY LATHAN. We offer this CE using the ultimate social distancing platform: ZOOM. You can earn up to 15 hours of CE with your participation in our Vet Vacation conference. Conference classes will be held following the same schedule we planned as if we were in ISLAMORADA together!
Early Bird Registration is $399 for the entire conference or $159 per day. Each day is 5 hours of CE. Please click on the registration button to register for this on-line Vet Vacation CE conference. Thank you! Regular rate pricing will increase on October 26th to $459 and $179.
Individual CE certificates will be emailed to each participant at the conclusion of the meeting.
November 3 (1pm -6pm ET)
November 4 (9am - 2pm ET)
November 5 (9am - 2pm ET)
Social Distance While you Stay at Home and Earn 15 Hours of Continuing Education!!
Dr. Patty Lathan and Dr. Mark Acierno are experts in the field of Endocrinology and Ophthalmology. See their topics and biographies below.
The ZOOM remote video and audio webinar platform will allow for the following:
- The speaker’s slide presentation will be on your device screen.
- You will hear the speaker audio.
- You will be able to raise your hand to ask questions and get rapid response answers
- We will make this as interactive as possible.
- We will send you a link to access the conference.
- Based on your continued log in for the meeting, we will send a digital CE certificate of completion.
Prior to the conference, we will email you the notes via a link.
EARLY BIRD SPECIAL: Register before October 26: $399 for the full 3 days, or $159 for a single day pass! Regular Registration pricing increases to $459 after October 26th for the full 3 days or $179 for the single day. Please click on the registration button to register for this on-line Vet Vacation CE conference. Thank you!
November 3-5 (3 days) $459, November 3 only $179, November 4 only $179, November 5 only $179
Internal Medicine and Nephrology
Dr. Mark Acierno ACVIM
Mark Acierno received his DVM from Mississippi State University in 2000. After completing an internship in small animal medicine and surgery, he completed an internal medicine residency at Tufts University. He is a professor at Midwestern University, a boarded internal medicine specialist and a member of the Society of Veterinary Nephrology and Urology. His research interests include hypertension, kidney disease and renal replacement therapies. Dr. Acierno is the author of more than 40 peer-reviewed publications and 15 book chapters. Currently, he is developing one of the most comprehensive nephrology / urology programs in the world, which is based out of Phoenix AZ.
1. Acute Kidney Injury
2. Improving the quality of life for cats with Chronic Kidney Disease
3. Leptospirosis: Current Recommendations and What is the Risk to Veterinary Professionals
4. Nephrotoxicosis: Ethylene Glycol and Beyond
5. Now how do we turn off this spigot??? (Diagnosing and treating canine Incontinence)
6. Help! Help! I can’t pee!! (Feline Lower urinary tract disease)
8. Protein Losing Nephropathy
9. Canine geology (uroliths)
10. Intro to dialysis medicine - how does it work and when to refer
11. An introduction to Acid / Base disorders
Patty Lathan DVM, DACVIM-SAIM
Patty Lathan, VMD, MS, DACVIM, is an associate professor of small animal internal medicine at Mississippi State University. Her primary interest is endocrinology, specifically the management of adrenal disease and diabetes mellitus. She has published several articles and book chapters, given lectures throughout the United States and internationally, and currently serves as the President of the Society for Comparative Endocrinology. Her students also publish educational endocrine music videos as an assignment for her elective, and those can be viewed on her YouTube channel.
Update on Diabetes Mellitus I
Update on Diabetes Mellitus II
Case-based Update on Canine Cushing’s I
Case-based Update on Canine Cushing’s II
Case-based Update on Addison’s I
Case-based Update on Addison’s II
Pheochromocytomas and Incidentalomah to diagnosis of pets with hypercalcemia.
How I Work Up Hypercalcemia