Online Conference Internal Medicine and Clinical Pathology
August 12-14, 2021
Clinical Pathology - Dr. Holly Brown
Internal Medicine - Dr. Mark Acierno
This is an on-line CE conference featuring DR. MARK ACIERNOand DR. HOLLYBROWN. We offer this CE using the ultimate social distancing platform: ZOOM. You can earn up to 15 hours of CE with your participation in our Vet Vacation conference. Conference classes will be held on the same days as the in person meeting! Video replays are available upon request if you have to miss a segment.
Early Bird: One day $189. All three days $429. 5 CE hours per day before AUGUST 5th then pricing will increase to $489 and $219.
Individual CE certificates will be emailed to each participant at the conclusion of the meeting.
$189.00 – $429.00
Social Distance While you Stay at Home and Earn 15 Hours of Continuing Education!!
Dr. Mark Acierno and Dr. Holly Brown are experts in the field of Internal Medicine and Clinical Patholology! See their topics and biographies below.
The ZOOM remote video and audio webinar platform will allow for the following:
- The speaker’s slide presentation will be on your device screen.
- You will hear the speaker audio.
- You will be able to raise your hand to ask questions and get rapid response answers
- We will make this as interactive as possible.
- We will send you a link to access the conference.
- Based on your continued log in for the meeting, we will send a digital CE certificate of completion.
Prior to the conference, we will email you the notes.
Registration is $429 for the entire conference or $189 per day. Each day is 5 hours of CE until August 5th. The price will increase to $489 for 3 days and $219 for daily rate.
August 12-14 (3 days) $429, August 12 only $189, August 13 only $189, August 14 only $189
Holly Brown, DVM, PhD, DACVP
Dr. Holly Brown received her DVM from the University of Georgia and worked in small animal private practice in Colorado and North Carolina. She returned to UGA for a residency in clinical pathology and additionally obtained her doctorate degree in pathology, studying Cytauxzoon felis infection in domestic and wild cats. After completion of her residency and PhD, Dr. Brown remained on as a faculty member at UGA where she served as a diagnostic clinical pathologist, instructor, and collaborative researcher. Dr. Brown then joined Metzger Animal Hospital’s large general and referral practice in State College, PA as an on-staff clinical pathologist. There she sees a wide variety of diagnostic submissions and enjoys playing an important role at the interface of diagnostic testing and patient care. Dr. Brown fulfills her passion for teaching providing mentorship opportunities and continuing education lectures and wetlabs.
1. Advanced hematology for disease and case management
2. Laboratory diagnosis of immune-mediate hemolytic anemia (IMHA)
3. Vital diagnostic information in urinalysis
4. Comprehensive diagnostic power of lab tests
5. Maximizing diagnostic information from effusion analysis
6. Cytology in-clinic or reference lab handling
7. Diagnosing lymphoid malignancies
7. Approach to the syncopal animal
8. ECG review
Bonus: (if time permits and if any one is interested) Heart surgery: What is new in the world of open heart surgery
This will be a short presentation for anyone that is interested as it is new and exciting treatment that I am involved in. It would be an extra bonus at the end of the CE event.
Dr. Mark Acierno ACVIM
Mark Acierno received his DVM from Mississippi State University in 2000. After completing an internship in small animal medicine and surgery, he completed an internal medicine residency at Tufts University. He is a professor at Midwestern University, a boarded internal medicine specialist and a member of the Society of Veterinary Nephrology and Urology. His research interests include hypertension, kidney disease and renal replacement therapies. Dr. Acierno is the author of more than 40 peer-reviewed publications and 15 book chapters. Currently, he is developing one of the most comprehensive nephrology / urology programs in the world, which is based out of Phoenix AZ.
1. Challenging UTI and antimicrobial therapy
2. Kidney emergencies - Emergency treatment of nephrotoxins.
4. IMHA/ITP - an internist's prospective
5. Managing Chronic Enteropathies in Dogs
6. Hypertension - new guidelines new recomendations
9. Updates in Oncology