Crested Butte 2021
February 17-19, 2021
Cardiology – Dr. Jake Jacobson
Oncology- Dr. Zachary Wright
Learn about veterinary cardiology and oncology while enjoying a skiing vacation in Crested Butte, CO. The conference hotel is at the base of Crested Butte Mountain in Crested Butte, Colorado with ski-in / ski-out access to the mountain.
Elevation Hotel and Spa
Referring Code/Group Name: VET2021
Room Rate: Base Room Rate: $179 Tax: 19.8% Resort Fee: $15 Parking Fee: $10 At Booking: 1 night deposit
Accommodations are limited at this special rate. Please book your room by January 26th as this hotel will sell out. All rooms have kitchenettes. The Elevation is pet friendly and only charges $35 per night for your pet.
The Elevation Hotel and Spa offers an ideal slope-side location with a full range of pampering amenities that reflect a combination of mountain charm and contemporary urban design. This luxury ski-in/ski-out hotel destination is Located at the base of Mt. Crested Butte, Colorado, The Elevation is a ski-in / ski-out resort. Features include slope-side dining, full-service spa, heated indoor pool, and three hot tubs.
Fly into Montrose, Colorado (MTJ). The MTJ airport is less than 2 hours from Crested Butte. Major airlines including United and American serve Montrose. Crested Butte is only 90 minutes from Telluride.
Fly into Gunnison (GUC). The GUC airport is 40 minutes from the Elevation Hotel & Spa. Major airlines including United and American serve Gunnison.
Jake Jacobson DVM, DACVIM Cardiology
Dr. Jacobson was born and raised in Charleston, South Carolina. He attended Clemson University for his undergraduate degree and then earned his DVM from the University of Georgia. Dr. Jacobson completed an internship in small-animal medicine and surgery at Colorado State University, followed by a cardiology internship in Tampa at Florida Veterinary Specialists. He continued his education with a 3-year cardiology residency at the Animal Medical Center in New York City. Dr. Jacobson works at Veterinary Specialty Care in Charleston. Outside of work, he likes to take advantage of the ever-growing cultural and recreational activities the Lowcountry of South Carolina has to offer.
1. Canine Cardiology: diagnosis and treatment of canine chronic valvular disease.
2. Feline Heart Disease: diagnosis and treatment of feline cardiomyopathy.
3. Congestive Heart Failure: diagnosis and treatment of canine/feline congestive heart failure
4. Syncope: a systematic approach to the syncopal patient.
5. ECG: diagnosis and treatment of common arrhythmias.
6. Pulmonary Hypertension: diagnosis and treatment of pulmonary hypertension.
7. Cardiothoracic Radiology: a Cardiologist’s approach to thoracic radiography.
8. Case Studies: case-based approach to a variety of commonly encountered clinical scenarios.
Zachary Wright, DVM, DACVIM Oncology
Dr. Zachary Wright was raised in the DFW Area (Rockwall). He received his Bachelor of Arts degree in History from the University of Notre Dame and his veterinary medical. degree from Texas A & M. He completed a one year rotating small animal internship in medicine and surgery at VCA West Los Angeles Animal Hospital in Los Angeles, California. Dr. Wright completed his residency in small animal oncology at Texas A&M University and became a Diplomate of the American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine-Oncology in 2008.
Dr. Wright joined the staff at VCA Veterinary Care in Albuquerque, New Mexico, to open a new oncology practice. In 2012 Dr. Wright and his family moved back to North Texas to join VCA Animal Diagnostic Clinic where he now serves as Director of Oncology.
1. Diagnostic Cytology of Canine and Feline Tumors
2. Canine Lymphoma: Phenotypes and Treatment Advances
3. Mast Cell Tumors: The Practice Builder and Confidence Crusher
4. Canine and Feline Reproductive and Urogenital Cancer
5. Osteosarcoma Review: Three legs and a kick stand
6. There Really Are Good Tumors - Welcome to the world of long-term survival.
7. Feline Injection Site Sarcomas
8. Veterinary Oncology Ultrasound
9. Updates in Oncology