Coeur D’Alene – Idaho 2022
September 2 - 4, 2022
Internal Medicine - Dr. Mark Acierno
Internal Medicine - Dr. Maureen Finke
Learn from two experts in Veterinary Medicine and expand your knowledge on Internal Medicine. Take a sunset Boat cruise, mingle at the cocktail hour or enjoy a round of golf in the afternoon at the Coeur D’Alene resort in Idaho. Our resort is called the “Playground of the Pacific Northwest”, and activities include mountain biking, hiking, and fishing.
September 2, 2022
September 3, 2022
September 4, 2022
The Coeur D'Alene Resort
Referring Code/Group Name: Vet Vacation CE
Room Rate: North Wing , Park Tower $309+ 13.4% tax, Lake Tower $389+ 13.4% tax
Accommodations are limited at this special rate. Please book and register early!
Arrangements have been made so you can extend your vacation 3 days before and/or after your destination seminar at the same rate if rooms are available at the property based on availability. You will need to call in to book room if you are extending beyond the basic conference nights. Book or Call early to secure your choice of rooms.
The Coeur d’Alene resort is the “Playground of the Pacific Northwest.” The resort is located on the north shore of Lake d’Alene. The resort features world-class accommodations, conference and business facilities, golf, spa, recreational activities, shopping, dining, nightlife, and much more.
Coeur d’ Alene has the longest floating boardwalk in the world. Amenities include golf course, infinity pool, wi-fi, wine cellar and tour, fitness center, multiple pools, Cedars floating restaurant, and many lakefront activities.
The Coeur d’Alene Resort is 40 minutes from the Spokane International Airport (GEG). The airport has non-stop and one-stop access from most major US and Canadian cities. Airport limousine service is available from the airport to the resort.
Dr. Mark Acierno ACVIM
Mark Acierno received his DVM from Mississippi State University in 2000. After completing an internship in small animal medicine and surgery, he completed an internal medicine residency at Tufts University. He is a professor at Midwestern University, a boarded internal medicine specialist and a member of the Society of Veterinary Nephrology and Urology. His research interests include hypertension, kidney disease and renal replacement therapies. Dr. Acierno is the author of more than 40 peer-reviewed publications and 15 book chapters. Currently, he is developing one of the most comprehensive nephrology / urology programs in the world, which is based out of Phoenix AZ.
1. Challenging UTI and antimicrobial therapy
2. Kidney emergencies - Emergency treatment of nephrotoxins.
3. Help! Help! I can’t pee!! (Feline Lower urinary tract disease)
4. IMHA/ITP - an internist's prospective
5. Managing Chronic Enteropathies in Dogs
6. Hypertension - new guidelines new recomendations
7. Acute Kidney Injury
8. Improving the quality of life for cats with Chronic Kidney Disease
9. Leptospirosis: Current Recommendations and What is the Risk to Veterinary Professionals
10. Nephrotoxicosis: Ethylene Glycol and Beyond
11. Now how do we turn off this spigot??? (Diagnosing and treating canine Incontinence)
12. Protein Losing Nephropathy
13. Canine geology (uroliths)
14. Intro to dialysis medicine - how does it work and when to refer
15. An introduction to Acid / Base disorders
16. UTI and antimicrobial therapy - since when don't we treat bacteriuria!
17. Emergency treatment of nephrotoxins.
18. That Darn Cat! Veterinary Adventures in IBD, Lymphoma and pancreatitis!
19. IMHA – From A to Z
20. Vomiting cats – a practical approach
21. Canine Incontinence: Diagnosis and Treatment
Dr. Maureen Finke ACVIM
Dr. Maureen Finke received her Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree from Texas A&M University in 2002. She completed her internship at the Ohio State University and then worked as an emergency veterinarian in Detroit, Michigan. After completing her residency in small animal internal medicine at the University of Minnesota, Dr. Finke became board-certified in internal medicine. She has been at Wheat Ridge Veterinary Specialists in Denver, CO since 2007.
Dr. Finke’s special interests include endocrinology, immune mediated, and infectious diseases.
1. Canine Inflammatory Bowel Disease
2. Immune mediated Hemolytic Anemia
3. Making Sense of Hepatobiliary Diagnostics
4. Hepatobiliary disease
5. Cushing's Disease Diagnosis
6. Cushing's Disease Management
7. Chronic nasal discharge in the dog and cat
8. Challenging urinary tract infections